- National Vaccination Day is observed every year on March 16th. It is also known as World Immunization Day. It was first observed in 1995 and in the same year India had started Pulse Polio Programme.
In the year 2014, WHO declared India Polio free.
- India- Bangladesh hold Water resources Secretary Level Meeting. It was held in New Delhi. The Indian Delegation was held by Water Resources Secretary Pankaj Kumar while the Bangladesh Delegation was led by Kabir Bin Anwar, Senior Secretary, Ministry of Water Resources.
- Centre appoints High Level Team led by Dr. S.K.Singh who is the director of National Center of Disease Control to review the medical care arrangements for Haridwar Kumbh mela, which will start on 1st April 2021.
Kumbh Mela is held in every 12 years rotation at the four Holy places – Haridwar, Prayagraj, Ujjain, Nasik.
- Sadananda Gowda to inaugurate 11th Edition of India Chem 2021on 17th March 2021.it is one of the Largest Composite Events of Chemical and Petrochemical Sector in Asia – Pacific Region. Venue- New Delhi.
Organized by -Department of Chemicals and Petrochemicals, in association with FICCI established in 1927. Headquarters- New Delhi.
- Indira Nooyi, an Indian- American worked at PepsiCo for 24 years, to publish her Memoir titled – “my life in full; work, family and our future.”She served as the CEO of PepsiCo for 12 years from 2006-2018. She was honoured with Padma Bhushan in 2007 for Trade and Industry.
- The mobile application launched by the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution that will help ration card owners to buy ration from anywhere in India – MERA RATION.
- First Commercial Bank in India to introduce Contactless Wearable Payment Device – Axis Bank (Brand Name-Wear & Pay)
- Delhi is the most polluted Capital City in the World. (World Air Quality Report 2020). Dhaka is the second most polluted city.
- Headquarters of the Indian Institute of Food Processing – Thanjavur