1. Bihar set to become India’s first state to have 2 green energy efficient towns.
• The 2 towns are Rajgir & Bodhgaya.
• The green energy supply required for running the towns will be developed and supplied by the Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI)
• It comes under the administrative control of the Ministry of New & renewable energy.
• SECI – 2011
2. Dr. Sharankumar Limbale to get Saraswati Samman 2020 for his book “Sanathan”
• Sanathan is an important Social and Historical document of the Dalit struggle.
• Saraswati Samman started by KK Birla Foundation Ltd in 1991.
3. Centre is planning to introduce a 14- digit identification number to every plot of land in India.
• As per the department of land resources, Unique Land Parcel Identification Number (ULPIN) scheme was launched in 10 states this year.
• ULPIN will be launched across India by March 2022.
• Digital India land records modernisation programme was started in 2008.
4. The civilian crew for a historic mission to space is all set.
• The final two members of the first all-civilian mission to space aboard SpaceX’s Dragon spacecraft were exclusively revealed.
• The Inspiration4 mission will be led by Jared Isaacman.
• Other 3 are
1. Chris Sembroski
2. Dr. Sian Proctor
3. Hayley Arceneaux
5. Overview of PM modi’s 2 – day visit to Bangladesh
• Both countries signed 5 memorandum of understandings on key sectors like Disaster Management, sports and youth affairs, trade, technology, information technology.
• The leaders launched a new passenger train “Mitali Express” connecting Dhaka- new Jalpaiguri.
• India will be involved in the development of the transmission lines for the Rooppur nuclear power plant in Bangladesh.
6. A 25-year Strategic Cooperation Pact signed between China and Iran
• Signed by Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi and Javad Zarif
• JCPOA is an Agreement reached by Iran and P5+1 in July 2015
• ( China, France, Germany, Russia, Uk And Us)
• Is commonly known as Iran Deal
7. New chairperson of SCOPE – Soma Mandal
• SCOPE – Standing Conference of Public Enterprises.
• SCOPE is an organization representing the Central Government Public Enterprises.
• Soma Mandal is the current chairman of Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL)
8. Niti Aayog released “Investment Opportunities In India’s Healthcare Sector”
• Includes Investment Opportunities in Hospitals, Medical Devices and Equipment, Health Insurance etc
• First Section – Provides Information about the Employment Generation Potential of the Healthcare Sector.
• Second Section – Highlights the key factors for the Growth of Tte Healthcare Sector.
• Third Section – It emphasizes the expansion of Private Hospital to Tier – 2 And Tier – 3 Cities.
9. Lewis Hamilton won his 8th world title by winning the Bahrain Grand Prix in 2021.
10. New york lawmakers on 30 March 2021 passed a bill to legalize adult use of Marijuana.
11. Rabecca Welch has become the first female referee to be appointed to an English Football League Match.
12. In March 19 2021, Iceland witnessed the awakening of a volcano near its capital Reykjavik for the first time in 900 years.
13. Dehradun Smart City awarded Smart City India Award 2021
• For its work under the E-health Project, Dehradun Smart City Limited (DSCL) was awarded the Smart City India Award 2021
• Chief Executive Officer, DSCL- Ashish Srivastava
• All the 100 Smart Cities had participated in the Competition.
14. Global Wind Report 2021 released by Global Wind Energy Council
• 16th Edition of Annual Report
• The Capacity to Generate Electricity from Wind Jumped by 53 Percent In 2020.
• China and the USA were the largest Installers of Wind Power In 2020
• Around the World, Presently a total of 743 GW of Wind Energy Capacity has been Installed.