1. India ranked49th in Inclusive Internet Index 2021
• Released by economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) in partnership with Facebook.
• Top 3 countries – Sweden
• The report is commissioned by Facebook based on Internet availability, affordability, relevance and readiness of people to use it.
2. RBI sets up a 6 member committee under chairmanship of Sudarshan Sen.
• For a comprehensive review of the working of ARCs in financial sector ecosystem.
• ARCs – Asset reconstruction companies.
• Committee will review any other matter related to the functioning, Transparency and governance of ARCs
3. 8 Eastern states highly Vulnerable to climate change: National climate vulnerability assessment
• The title of report – Climate vulnerability assessment for adaptation Planning in India using a common framework.
• Released by the Department of Science & Technology.
• The 8 states are – Jharkhand, Mizoram, Odisha, Chhattisgarh, Assam, Bihar, Arunachal Pradesh and West Bengal.
• Which will help in initiating climate actions at the ground level.
4. Government launched the start-up India seed fund scheme.
• On 19th April 2021
• Announced by P.M during “Prarambh: Start-up India International Summit”
• It will provide financial aid for proof of concept, prototype development, product trials, market entry and commercialization.
5. India, Germany signed Agreement on “Cities combating Plastic entering the Marine Environment.
• In New Delhi
• Between the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs Govt. of India & German Federal Ministry of Environment, Nature conservation and nuclear safety.
• Project Period – 3 and half years.
6. Rajasthan Government Announced A “Jan Anushasan Pakhwara” After Corona Cases Increased.
• Other name – Public Discipline Fortnight.
• Imposed till 3rd May 2021 to curb the spread of Covid-19
• Wholesale and retail shops will be permitted to be open till 5 pm.
7. Iran launched advanced IR-6 Uranium enrichment centrifuges
• As a part of its National Day of Nuclear Technology
• Held in Tehran.
• Inaugurated by – Hassan Rouhani (president of Iran)
• Uranium enrichment plant in Natanz.
8. G Venkatasubbaiah, Well-Known Kannada Lexicographer, Dies At 107
• Recipient of the Padma Shri, Kannada Sahitya Akademi Award and the Pampa Award
• His works include socio-linguistic dictionaries encompassing Kannada phrases, idiomatic expressions, usages and history of dialects, which are a goldmine for linguists and others.
• G Venkatasubbiah was best known for his work on Kannada dictionary science, Kannada Nighantu Shastra Parichaya, which was published about a hundred years after a Kannada-English dictionary was brought out by a German Indologist. Reverend Ferdinand Kittel in 1894.
• He was the vice president of the Lexicographical Association of India for 17 years.
9. INAS 323 (Indian Naval Air Squadron), the first unit of the ingeniously built ALH Mk III aircraft, was commissioned into the Indian Navy in Goa on April 19.
10. Max Verstappen won Emilia Romagna F1 Grand Prix 2021. Lewis Hamilton finished on the second spot.
11. Sutapa Basu has authored a new mystery novel titled “The cursed Inheritance”. The book contributes toward the importance of the conservation of heritage through the stories.
12. New Book “Wanderers, Kings, Merchants: The Story of India through its Languages by Peggy Mohan.
• Explores the impacts of migration on Indians and Indian Languages from ancient times through the early history of South Asia.
• Book argues that all Indians are of mixed origins through the inclusive study of languages
• Story of early Sanskrit, the rise of Urdu, language formation in the North – East.
• Book connects linguistics and history to explore the migration impacts on communication language.
13. Russia will launch a lunar mission in 2021.
• Russia’s Roscosmos space agency will launch Luna 25 lunar lander mission.
• Luna – 25 spacecraft will be comprised of a lander. ( lander has a Lunar Robotic Arm to remove and collect the surface regolith)
• ADRON-LR is a gamma- ray and neutron spectrometer to study the surface regolith.
• ARIES-L will detect charged particles and neutrals in the polar exosphere.