1. World Creativity and Innovation Day: April 21 2021
• to celebrate the potential of creativity and innovation industry around the world.
• All great deeds and all great thoughts have a ridiculous beginning—Albert Camus
• The best way to predict the future is to create it—Peter Drucker.
• Cultural and Creative Industries should be part of economic growth strategies, according to the UNESCO report on culture and sustainable development.
2. Wildfire burns at Table Mountain National Park in Cape Town, South Africa
• Mostert’s Mill, a historic windmill near the University of Cape Town built around 1796, has also been badly damaged by the fire
• previously known as the Cape Peninsula National Park
• The park is managed by South African National Parks.
• The property is included as part of the UNESCO Cape Floral Region World Heritage Site.
• The park contains two well-known landmarks: Table Mountain, for which the park is named; and the Cape of Good Hope, the most southwestern extremity of Africa.
• On 29 May 1998, then-president Nelson Mandela proclaimed the Cape Peninsula National Park.
3. MoU between Competition Commission of India and administrative council for Economic Defence of Brazil
• CCI can enter into any agreement with any agency of a foreign country under the provision of section 18 of the competition act, 2002
• CCI – formed in 14th October 2003
• Members: chairperson and 6 members.
• Current Chairman: Ashok Kumar Gupta
4. Global Energy Review 2021
• Global CO2 emissions are set to touch 33 Billion Tonnes in 2021.
• Increase of 5% compared to 2020 levels.
• It is the 2nd Largest increase in Emissions ever.
• Global Energy Demands is set to increase by 4.6% in 2021.
• Released by International Energy Agency.
5. International Energy Agency
• Paris-based autonomous intergovernmental organisation established in the framework of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) in 1974.
• It is best known for the publication of its annual World Energy Outlook
6. RBI decides not to activate countercyclical capital buffer
• The countercyclical capital buffer aims to ensure that banking sector capital requirements take account of the macro-financial environment in which banks operate.
• The framework on CCyB was put in place by the Reserve Bank of India in terms of guidelines issued in February 2015.
7. France drafts ‘ecocide’ bill to punish acts of environmental damage
• As part of a battery of measures aimed at protecting the environment and tackling climate change.
• The Assembly also gave the green light to an offence of endangering the environment, on the model of endangering life, punishable by three years in prison and a 300,000 euro fine.
• France Environment Minister- Barbara Pompili.
8. Indo-Pacific Oceans Initiative is an Initiative under Australia-India Joint Declaration on a “shared Vision for Maritime cooperation in the Indo-Pacific. It is a part of the Australia-India Comprehensive strategic partnership signed in June 2020.
9. Ex – RBI governor M. Narasimham passes away. Known as the architect of modern Indian Banking / the father of banking sector reforms in India. founded the credit planning cell in RBI.
10. President of India appointed Justice Sanjay Yadav as the acting chief Justice of Allahabad High Court by Exercising the power conferred by the Article 223 of constitution of India.
11. Kim Boo-Kyum nominated as the New Prime Minister of South Korea.
• He will replace former PM Chung Sye-Kyun who resigned to run the presidential election .
• President – Moon Jae-in
• Currency – won
• Capital – Seoul
12. National Civil Service Day: 21st April
• It is celebrated on April 21st in India every year because, on this day Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel inaugurated the All-India Services in 1947.
• The day was celebrated for the first time in 2006.
• Civil services refer to the permanent executive branch of the Republic of India.