NITI AAYOG TO LAUNCH ‘DECARBONISING TRANSPORT IN INDIA’ PROJECT
- NITI Aayog will be launching ‘Decarbonising Transport in India’ project on June 24, 2020 in collaboration with the International Transport Forum.
- The main aim of the project will be to develop a pathway towards a low-carbon transport system for India
- The event will also offer the opportunity to provide inputs regarding India’s transport challenges and how they relate to CO2 reduction ambitions.
- The projects are aimed at supporting transport decarbonisation across different world regions.
- The current participants of the transport projects include India, Azerbaijan, Argentina and Morocco
GOVERNMENT GRANTS EMERGENCY FUNDS TO ARMED FORCES AMID INDIA-CHINA FACE-OFF
- The government has granted emergency funds up to Rs 500 crore per procurement project to the three armed services to buy ammunition and weapons in view of the escalating border standoff with China.
- The special financial powers have been given to the armed forces to procure weapons and military hardware at short notice to enhance their operational preparedness along the Line of Actual Control (LAC).
- The Indian Army is going to use the emergency financial powers to expand its stock of ammunition.
NEPAL TO AMEND CITIZEN LAW; PUTTING ‘ROTI-BETI’ RELATIONSHIP WITH INDIA AT STAKE
- Nepal’s parliamentary panel has proposed to amend the Citizenship Act. Under the proposed amendment, a woman from any foreign country who marries a Nepali national will get naturalised citizenship after 7 long years.
- Earlier, the citizenship in such cases was given immediately.
- However, the amendment has been opposed by opposition parties in Nepal.
NOIDA METRO STATION OF SECTOR-50 DEDICATED TO TRANSGENDER COMMUNITY
- Sector-50 metro station of Noida has been dedicated to the transgender community by the NMRC – Noida Metro Rail Corporation.
- The employees at this station will be chosen from the transgender community itself.
- The station will now be upgraded to this effect. The move is aimed at uplifting the community in India
3 DRUGS LAUNCHED FOR COVID-19 IN INDIA
- Three drugs have been launched in India by pharmaceutical companies for the treatment of Coronavirus.
- These drugs are Fabiflu, Cipremi and Covifor.
- Glenmark Pharmaceuticals has launched the antiviral drug named Fabiflu for treatment of mild to moderate cases of novel Coronavirus.