1. On April 20, 2021 The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi accorded approval to several key initiatives.
Approvals for Exclusive Subsidy Policy for Urea.
• Exclusive subsidy policy for Urea produced through Coal Gasification.
• Proposal was put forth by the department of Fertilizers. It is expected to boost fertilizer production in India.
Bangalore Metro Rail Project Phase 2A &Phase 2B
• Of Total Length 58.19 Km
• Total Cost – 14,788 crore
2. Renowned Bengali poet Sankha Ghosh passed away.
• The 89-year-old legendary poet had tested positive for COVID on April 14
• He was awarded with the Sahitya Akademi Award For his book “Babarer Prarthana”.
• He was conferred Padma Bhushan in 2011 and in 2016 he received the Jnanpith Award.
3. Gurugram launches portal to get beds.
• Launched the web Portal – “covidggn.com”
• To allot beds to COVID-19 Patients and also provide real-time data on the availability of beds in hospital.
• The portal also provides real-time information on ventilators, ICU’s and other facilities.
4. Cabinet approved a pact between institute of Chartered accountants of India and chartered accountants Australia and New Zealand.
• Objective – to establish mutually beneficial relationships between members, students and their organizations.
• ICAI – Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
• Established as a statutory body by the Chartered Accountants act 1949.
5. Extended COVID- 19 Warriors Insurance scheme
• Under the Pradhan Mathri Garib Kalayan Packege for Health workers fighting COVID – 19 for a period of one year.
• Provides an insurance cover of INR 50 Lakh to health workers
• Implimented by New India Assurance (NIA) company Limited.
• No age limit for the scheme
6. CAG selected as External Auditor by OPCW
• OPCW – Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons.
• CAG – G C Murmu
• The Hague – Based conference of state Parties of the organization for the prohibition of Chemical weapons (OPCW) selected the CAG as its External Auditor for a 3 – year term starting 2021.
• Founded: 29 April 1997
• Director General: Fernando Arias
7. Pankaj Gupta to lead Coin base’ s India centre.
• Coin Base’s India centre upcoming India Development Centre.
• The Coinbase engineering centre in India would work in Deeptech domains like blockchains, data engineering, infrastructure and machine learning.
Specifically, the plan is to hire hundreds of employees across all levels in engineering, product management, UX design, research and program management within the next 1–2 years to build out a full tech hub in India
8. Ashish Mehta, Co-founder of India’s first B2B crypto trading exchange DigitX.
9. IT industry’s apex body Nasscom had appointed Rekha M. Menon as its chairperson.
10. Former Indian Footballer & Olympian Ahmed Hussian Lala Paased Away. (represented Hyderabad city, Mohun Bagan Sporting club)
11. On 20th April 2021, YS Jagan Mohan Reddy CM of Andhra Pradesh Launched the YSR zero Interest crop Loan Scheme for Farmers.
12. Blue Nature Alliance aims to restore 7 Million square miles of Ocean.
• Oceans are an integral Part of the ecosystem. It covers more than 70% of our planet.
• It will also establish new marine protected areas.
• The Blue Nature Alliance is a global Partnership
13. India elected to 3 key bodies of UN economic and social council.
• Will begin its 3-year term of the commission on crime prevention and criminal Justice on 1st January 2022.
• India elected to the Executive Board of the UN entity for gender Equality and the empowerment of women for a 3- year term.
• Also, India will begin its 3- year term as the Executive Board of the world Food programme on 1st January 2022.
• Economic and social council is one of the main principal organ of the United Nations.
14. Subex launches Hypersense
• Analytics Solutions provider Subex Ltd launched Hypersense and end-to-end augmented analytics platform.
• Will help enterprises faster and better decisions by leveraging artificial intelligence (AI) Across the data value chain.
• Hypersense is a no-code, elastic, cloud native platform built on open-source, that contains all the augmented analytics capabilities.