1. 67th National Film Awards were announced on Monday evening in New Delhi, with the honors for films from the year 2019.
• Director Priyadarshan’s Malayalam war epic ‘Marakkar: Lion of the Arabian Sea’ that is headlined by Mohanlal, won Best Feature Film.
• The best acting honours went to Manoj Bajpayee for Bhonsle, Dhanush for Tamil film Asuran, and Kangana Ranaut for two of her films – Panga and Manikarnika: Queen of Jhansi.
• Supporting Actor Awards – Vijay Sethupathi (Super Deluxe) and Pallavi Joshi (The Tashkent Files).
• Best Director – Sanjay Singh Chauhan for Bahattar Hoorain (Hindi)
• Best Debut Film of a Director – Mathukutty Xavier for Helen (Malayalam)
• Best Cinematography – Jallikattu (Malayalam), Gireesh Gangadharan
• Best Editing – Jersey (Telugu), Navin Nooli.
• Best Screenplay (Original) – Jyeshthoputro (Bengali), Kaushik Ganguly
• Best Film on Environment Conservation – Water Burial (Monpa)
• Best Film on Social Issues – Anandi Gopal (Marathi)
• Best Film on National Integration – Taj mahal (Marathi)
• The event is organized by Directorate of Film Festivals, which comes under the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting.
2. 23rd March is celebrated as “World Meteorological Day”, to commemorate the Establishment of the World Meteorological Organization.
• The main objective is ‘To highlight the role of people in protecting the Atmosphere of Earth’
• Theme – “The Ocean, Our Climate and Weather”.
• UN announced the Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development (2021-30).
• Meteorological Organization was established in 1950, 23rd March. Headquarter is in Geneva with membership of 193 countries.
3. Parliament passes the Constitution (Scheduled Castes) Order (Amendment Bill), 2021(March 22)
• The Bill seeks to modify the List of Scheduled Castes in Tamil Nadu.
• The Bill replaces the entry for the Devendrakulathan Community with Devendrakula Velalar which includes Devendrakulathan, Kalladi, Kudumban, Pallan, Pannadi and Vathiriyan.
• Social Justice and Empowerment Minister – Thawar Chand Gehlot
4. India, Pakistan, China and other members of Shanghai Cooperation Organization will take part in “Pabbi- Antiterror – 2021”
• The decision was taken during the 36th meeting of RATS (Regional Anti- Terror Structure) of SCO(Tashkent, Uzbekistan)
• SCO is the Eurasian Security Alliance Established in 2001, China
• Total members- 8
• Director of RATS SCO – Jumakhon Giyosov
5. Martyr’s Day 2021 : Remembering Bhagat Singh , Shivaram Rajaguru, and Sukhdev Thapar.
• March 23 is celebrated as Shaheed Divas or Martyr’s Day in India.
• 3 young Freedom Fighters were hanged by the Colonialists on March 23 ,1931 in Lahore Jail, together with his companions Rajguru, Sukhdev, Chandrashekhar Azad and Gopal faught against the British.
• The Assassination of Lala Lajpat Rai during the protest Simon Commission.
• Hindustan Republic Association
• J.P Saunders Killed
6. Protest against the Implementation of the Defence of India Act, Public Safety Bill, Trade Dispute Bill (8th April 1929)
• As per the study of the Defence Website “ Military Direct”. Indian Military is the World’s Fourth Strongest Military.
7. Gandhi Peace Prize for the year 2020 – Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.
8. The Central Government decided to constitute a committee for manufacturing in High Technology Areas. (Headed by Commerce and Industry Minister Piyush Goyal).
9. Nandini River Festival – Mangalore conducted on 21st March 2021
10. Bihar is the 1st state to have own Ethanol Policy for Biofuel.
• The State Industries Minister, Syed Shahnawas Hussain, launched the Much-touted Ethanol Production Promotion Policy 2021.
• Bihar produces around 12 Cr Litres of Ethanol and is in the 5th position in Ethanol Production in the country.
• Ith this implementation, Bihar aim to be the Ethanol Hub of India ,and will generate 50 Cr Liters of Ethanol every year.