1. World Malaria Day – April 25,2021
• The theme of World Malaria Day 2021 is “Reaching the zero malaria target.
• The day is celebrated to spread awareness about malaria disease and to promote efforts to prevent malaria.
• It is the Female Anopheles mosquitoes who spread the Plasmodium parasite through their saliva, which causes malaria.
• On 21 April, WHO published a new report highlighting successes and lessons learned among
the “E-2020” group of malaria-eliminating countries
2. National Panchayati Raj Day – 24 April
• On 24th April 1993, the president gave his assent to the 73rd constitutional amendment bill for providing constitutional amendment bill for providing constitutional status to Panchayats.
• PM will also give the National Panchayat Awards 2021 on the occasion of National Panchayat Raj.
• Former PM Dr Manmohan Singh declared the first National Panchayati Raj Day in 2010.
3. PM Modi Launched distribution of e-property cards under SVAMITVA scheme.
• SVAMITVA – Survey of Villages and Mapping with Improvised Technology in Village Areas.
• To create a socio – economically empowered and self-reliant rural India.
• Launched on 24th April 2020.
• On this occasion, e-property cards have been distributed to about 4.09 lakh property owners.
4. India Ranked 87th in Global Energy Transition Index 2021
• Announced by – World Economic Forum
• In its Report – “Fostering Effective Energy Transition 2021”
• On the basis of performance of countries of their energy system, as well as their readiness for transition to a secure, sustainable and reliable energy future.
5. First Neobank in Kerala
• Launched by Aceware Fintech
• Name- Ace Money Neo Bank
• In partnership with YES Bank and ICICI Bank.
• Under Ace money the start – ups, Merchants and enterprise entities can open present accounts, in Line with the corporate.
• Finin – India’s First Full-fledged consumer neobank.
6. UN English Day: 23 April
• Also celebrated as the birth Anniversary of William Shakespeare.
• Objective – to celebrate the multilingualism and cultural diversity of a language.
• Official Languages of UN – Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian, Spanish.
• Official UN Spanish Day – April 23
7. NASA Launched SHIELDS Mission from the White Sands Missile Range.
• SHIELDS- Spatial Heterodyne Interferometric Emission line Dynamics Spectrometer.
• White Sands Missile Range situated in –New Mexico
• It is a telescope that will examine the light coming from hydrogen atoms of interstellar space.
• Also help scientists in getting information about the Galaxy’s magnetic field.
8. Priyanka Mohite becomes first Indian women to climb Mt Annapurna.
• Mt Annapurna is the 10th highest Mountain in the world.
• It has a height of 8901 meters In Nepal.
• She became the first Indian women to climb Mt Makalu (2016), the fifth highest Mountain in the world.
• Also climbed Mt Everest in 2013 at the age of 21
9. Arjun Kalyan becomes India’s 68th chess Grandmaster of India.
10. Puma has appointed Washington Sundar and Devdutt Padikkal as their brand ambassadors.
11. Miguel Diaz- Canel will become the new head of Cuba’s Communist Party. He is the first secretary of the cuban Communist Party without the surname Castro.
12. Mastercard and BOB Financial Solutions Limited Have launched ConQR – a Mastercard QR on card solution to simplify digital payments.
13. PPCR’s “mission Vayu” to combat Covid-19
• PPCR – Pune Platform for Covid Response.
• For procurement and donation of 250 ventilators and 4k oxygen concentrators for worst affected areas of the country.
• PPCR is anchored at Mahratta chamber of commerce industries & Agriculture.
14. 2nd Phase of “Kill Corona Campaign”
• In Madhya Pradesh
• The state government has also launched a new initiative “Yog se Nirog” programme.
• The aim of the programme is to boost the mental and physical health of the Covid patients living in home isolation and covid care centres.
15. Closest Black hole to Earth discovered.
• Black hole is about 3 times the mass of our sun, which measures tiny for a black hole.
• This Black hole is 1,500 light Years away from Earth, still inside the milky way galaxy.
• The researchers have dubbed it as “The Unicorn”
16. First Oxygen Express starts journey.
• The first “oxygen Express” carrying liquid medical Oxygen departed on 22nd April 2021.
• From Vishakhapatnam for Maharashtra.
• It is a Ro-Ro (roll-on-roll-off) train
17. Haryana & Delhi to Host 4th Khelo India Youth Games 2021
• 4th edition from 21st November to 5th December 2021.
• It will be held in Panchkula, Ambala, Shahabad, Chandigarh cities of Haryana & Delhi.
• This will be the first time that the Khelo India Youth Games are held away from the January Window and in multiple cities.
• Around 8500 players across India and other countries will be participating in the games.
18. Islamic Scholar Maulana Wahiduddin khan Passed away
• He was the founder of Islamic Centre in New Delhi.
• Authored more than 200 books which includes the commentary and translation of Quran in English, Urdu and Hindi.
• Major Books – Quranic Wisdom, The Prophet of Peace, Islam and Peace
• Padma Bhushan for public affairs in 2000.
• Padma Vibhushan for spiritualism in 2021.