1. India ranks 40th on International Intellectual Property Index
• Released annually by the US Chamber of Commerce Global Innovation Policy Center (GIPC).
• The Index evaluates Intellectual Property Rights in 53 Global Economies.
• The US, UK, France, Germany, and Sweden are the Top Five Economies on the IP Index in 2020.
2. Vyas Samman -2020 will be conferred on Hindi Writer Sharad Pagare.
• He was awarded for his novel ‘ Patliputra ki Samragi’.
• The Vyas Samman started in 1991, is given by K K Birla Foundation for an outstanding Literary work in Hindi authored by an Indian Citizen published during the last 10 years.
• It carries an award of four lakh rupees.
3. Chief Justice of India S.A.Bobde, a month before his retirement on 24th March recommended Senior most Supreme Court Judge Justice N.V.Ramana to Center the next CJI.
• The first from Andhra Pradesh and the second Telugu to Head the country’s Judiciary after K.Subba Rao.
• N.V.Ramana will take the oath as the 48th CJI on April 24.
4. Indian Coast Guard Ship “Vajra’ formally commissioned into service in Chennai.
• Sixth offshore petrol vessel to enhance Coastal Security.
• The ship was Indigenously designed and built by Larsen and Toubro Ship Building Limited.
5. Union Cabinet approved an MoU between India’s UPSC and Afghanistan’s IARCSC (Independent Administrative Reforms and Civil Service Commission)
• Sharing of books, manuals, and other non-confidential documents will be part of MoU.
6. India has set an ambitious goal to achieve “End Tuberculosis” by reducing the incidence of new TB cases by 80% by 2025.
• Kerala won Bronze medal in the union health ministry’s sub national certification of efforts towards elimination of TB.
• Ending TB epidemic by 2030 is among the health targets of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
• International Union against TB and Lung Disease. Headquarter in Paris and President- Guy Marks
7. India plans to conduct Airborne Radar Survey in Himalayan Glaciers.
• To estimate the thickness of Glaciers at Lahaul – spiti basin of Himachal Pradesh.
• It is iniated by National Center for Polar & Ocean Research, Ministry of Earth Science.
• Currently India is ranked as the 7th most vulnerable country in the Global climate risk index.
8. Asia’s largest Tulip Garden in Shrinagar opened named as Indira Gandhi Memorial.
• It is located along the banks of Dal Lake, in the foothills of the Zabarwan Range.
9. Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal inaugurated Shaheed Bhagat Singh Smarak.
• Named as ‘Nishank’
• Minister also announced “Shaheed Smriti Pustakalaya”
10. Vizag gets mobile water from Kiosk and Water Knowledge Center.
• This iniative is supported by Greater Vishakhapatnam Municipal Corporation and project SEWAH (Sustainable Enterprises for Water and Health).
• It was set up by Maitri Aquatech
• This will provide clean, mineral -enriched portable water harvested from air.
• In addition to supplying clean water, the kiosk will also function as a Water Knowledge Resource Center (WKRC).
11. March 23rd marked as raising day of Assam Rifles. This year it is the 186th raising day of Assam rifles.
• It is the oldest paramilitary force of in India.
• Founded on March 23rd 1845
• Old name – Cachar Lavy
12. Manipur emerged as champion state for Van Dhan Yojana, launched in 2019 with the successful establishment of 100 Van Dhan Vikas Kendras in Manipur.
• The Van Dhan Scheme was launched in 2018 to improve the tribal income through value addition of tribal products by the Ministry of Tribal Affairs and Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED) in 1987.
13. The International Day of remembrance of the victims of slavery and the transatlantic slave trade is observed every year on March 25th.
14. Niti Ayog has decided to empanel transaction advisor for monetization of assets and carry forward the process of disinvestment of public sector enterprises.
15. Parliament has passed the national commission for allied and health care professions bill, on March 24th 2021.
16. South African spinner Tabariz Shamsi tops ICC T20 bowler rankings and David Malan of England has topped the ICC T20 batsmen ranking.