1. International Day for Multilateralism and Diplomacy for Peace 2021 – April 24.
• To promote the 3 pillars of the United Nations
Peace & Security
• UNGA adopted the resolution on 12th December 2018
• First observed on 24th April 2019.
2. OSCAR 2021
93rd Academy Award
• Best Picture: Nomadland
• Best Actor in Leading Role: Anthony Hopkins for ‘The Father’
• Best Actress in Leading Role: Frances McDormand for ‘Nomadland’
• Best Director: Chloe Zhao for ‘Nomadland‘. (second woman ever to win)
• Best Supporting Actor: Daniel Kaluuya for ‘Judas and the Black Messiah‘
• Best Supporting Actress: Yuh-Jung Youn for ‘Minari‘
• Best Original Screenplay: Promising Young Woman
3. Saudi Arabia will become Part of “net Zero Producers Forum”
• Saudi Arabia, US, Canada, Norway, and Qatar will from a new Platform.
• Main Aim – To discuss how they will support each other in the implementation of the Paris Agreement on climate change
• How to achieve net-zero Carbon Emission targets by 2050.
4. World day for Laboratory Animals – 24th April
• Was Instituted by the British National AntiVivi section society in 1979.
• As a movement to end the suffering of the animals in laboratories across the globe and replace animal testing with advanced scientific non- animal techniques.
• The day was chosen to honour the birth anniversary of Hugh Dowding.
5. Andhra Pradesh signed MoU with Microsoft.
• To provide Skill Development Training to Students & Unemployed youths.
• This is the biggest and first of its kind initiative by a state government to cover all the graduates of the state.
• Microsoft’s learning resource centre – Microsoft Learn.
6. Amitav Ghosh’s new book name “The Living Mountain : A Fable For Our Times”.
• Story about Mahaparbat and the indigenous valley dwellers.
• Written about the complex dynamics between humans and natural world.
• He is the winner of 54th Jnanpith award.
• The Glass palace, Hungry Tide other books.
7. Reserve bank of India approved appointment of Atanu Chakraborty as part time chairman of HDFC bank.
• Earlier worked – secretary of Department of Investment and public asset management.
• Recommended by _ Banks Board Bureau.
• HDFC – founded in 1994.
• It is the largest private sector bank
8. Scientist Dr Krishnamurthy passed away. He was a nuclear scientist and the field director of the Defence research and development organization during the tests of Pokhran –II.
9. Under the mission of “oxygen express Indian navy deploys INS Sharda to Kavaratti.
10. Indian Green Building Council launched “Mission on Net Zero”.
• On the occasion of world earth day.
• To achieve India’s net-zero carbon emission target by 2050.
• CII- Sorabji Godrej Green Business centre building in Hyderabad is the first green building in India.
11. MoHUA signs MoU with IIT Khargpur to set up an accelerator centre.
• MoHUA – Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs.
• Accelerator centre for research & development.
• Centre will act as an incubation hub for creation &development of technical products.
• Will act similar to central Government’s “ASHA-India initiative”
• IIT Khargpur is the 1st IIT to established and is recognised as an institute of National Importance.
12. India recorded 30% increase in agricultural export than last year.
• Then 2019-2020.
• Report given by APEDA- Agricultural and Processed Food Export Development Authority.
• The export of organic products has increased by 40% in the last financial year.
• APEDA – established in 1985. responsible for the promotion of the export of agro products.