1. World Intellectual Property Day – April 26
• To spread awareness about the role of Patents, copyright, trademarks and Designs.
• Theme – Intellectual Property and small business: Taking big ideas to market.
• WIPO – World Intellectual Property Office.
• Established in 1967, a specialized agency of the UN
• HQ – Geneva
2. India’s first LNG FSRU arrived
• LNG – Liquified Natural Gas
• FSRU – Floating Storage and Regasification Unit
• Arrived at – H- Energy’s Jaigarh Terminal in Maharashtra.
• To provide the ability to enhance the pace of Natural gas import capability in an environment friendly manner.
• The port is located in the Ratnagiri District of Maharashtra.
3. Project DANTAK completes 60 years in Bhutan
• Indian Ambassador to Bhutan Smt Ruchira Kamboj
• It was a fitting tribute to the sacrifices made by personnel of DANTAK in strengthening the bonds of friendship between India and Bhutan.
• Project DANTAK was established on April 24, 1961 as a result of the visionary leadership of His Majesty the Third King and then Prime Minister Jawahar Lal Nehru.
• DANTAK was tasked to construct the pioneering motorable roads in the Kingdom.
• DANTAK completed the road connecting Samdrup Jongkhar to Trashigang in 1968
4. Single Crystal blades technology developed by DRDO
• Supplied to Hindustan Aeronautics Limited for helicopter engine.
• Single Crystal blades are manufactured by Nickel based super alloys capable of withstanding high temperatures.
• Used for reliable operation of helicopter used in strategic and defence applications at extreme conditions.
• Under indigenous helicopter development programme.
5. To provide better educational opportunities for Ladakhi students, the Indian army has initiated the project, “Ladakh ignited minds: A centre of excellence and wellness”.
6. Former Managing Director of Maruti Suzuki and founder of Carnation Auto India, Jagadish Khattar Passed away on 26th April 2021.
7. The president of India has appointed Justice Rajesh Bhindal to perform the duties of office of the chief justice of Calcutta High court
8. PM Modi Participates in “Leader’s Summit on Climate 2021”
• The summit was hosted by US
• 4 world leaders participated in the Summit.
• Major points – reducing greenhouse gas emission & meeting targets of Paris agreement to keep Global Temperature rise to below 2 degree Celsius.
• During the Summit PM announced the Launch of “US –India 2030 Climate and Clean energy agenda 2030 partnership.
• The members will also establish the “Glasgow Financial alliance for Net Zero.
9. Major Instructions of RBI on 26th April 2021
• Post of MD & CEO or WTD (whole time director) can’t be held by same incumbent for more than 15 years.
• upper age limit for MD & CEO and WTDs in private banks would continue to be 70 years.
• MD & CEO or WTD who is also a promoter/ major shareholder, cannot hold these posts for more than 12 years
10. Arun Raste appointed as New MD & CEO of NCDEX
• NCDEX – National Commodity & Derivatives Exchange Limited
• Approved by SEBI (Securities and Exchange Board of India)
• NCDEX – Established in 2003
• HQ – Mumbai
11. China’s first Mars rover will be named Zhurong
• It is a traditional Fire God.
• It is a part of the Tianwen – 1 Mars mission of China
• China will become the 3rd country in the world to land a robot rover on Mars.
• Other Countries – Russia, United States
• Tianwen – 1 is the first independent interplanetary mission of China
12. UP won E- Panchayat Puraskar 2021.
• Award recognizes the efforts of UP in implementing the E-applications developed by the center and other applications developed by state government.
• Award instituted by – Ministry of Panchayati Raj (MoPR).
• To promote the use of ICT in Monitoring the works of gram Panchayats.