MORE THAN ONE CRORE FACE MASKS PREPARED BY SELF HELP GROUPS ACROSS THE COUNTRY
- More than one crore face masks have been made by various Self-Help Groups across the country.
- It shows relentless effort, positive energy and united resolve of SHGs to fight Covid-19 under DAY-NULM flagship scheme of Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
- At the core of this proud moment is a strong face of women entrepreneurs supported by the Mission.
- Their resilience is motivating others to multiply the efforts with more energy and determination. It is women empowerment safeguarding lives in true sense.
ELECTROSTATIC DISINFECTION TECHNOLOGY TRANSFERRED FOR COMMERCIALIZATION
- CSIR-Central Scientific Instruments Organisation (CSIR- CSIO), Chandigarh, has designed and developed an innovative technology for effective disinfection and sanitization to fight with corona pandemic.
- CSIR-CSIO has transferred this technology to a Nagpur- based company, Rite Water Solutions Pvt. Ltd., for commercialization and large-scale production
- Electrostatic Disinfection Machine is developed based on the electrostatic principle.
- It produces uniform and fine spray droplets of disinfectants in the size range of 10-20 micrometre to kill microorganisms and viruses.
- Due to the small size of droplets, the surface area of spray droplets increases thereby enhancing the interaction with harmful microorganisms and corona virus.
HCARD, A ROBOT, TO ASSIST FRONTLINE COVID-19 HEALTHCARE WARRIORS
- Healthcare workers at hospitals are risking COVID- 19 infection while taking care of those infected by it 24/7.
- Perhaps the level of risk may get reduced hereafter with the help of a new friend, HCARD.
- The robotic device HCARD, in short for Hospital Care Assistive Robotic Device, can help frontline healthcare workers in maintaining physical distance from those infected by coronavirus.
- HCARD is developed by Durgapur-based CSIR lab,Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute.
- The device is equipped with various state-of-the-art technologies and works both in automatic as well as manual modes of navigation.
JNCASR scientists develop a natural product based Alzheimer inhibitor
- Scientists from Jawaharlal Nehru Centre For Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR) an autonomous institute under the Department of Science & Technology (DST), Govt. of India have modified the structure of Berberine, a natural and cheap product similar to curcumin, available commercially, into Ber-D to use as a Alzheimer’s
- Their research work has been published in the scientific journal iSceince.
- Alzheimer’s disease is the most prevalent neurodegenerative disorder and accounts for more than 70% of all
- The multifactorial nature of the disease attributed to multifaceted toxicity has made it difficult for researchers to develop effective medication.