1. Worker’s Memorial Day
• International day in remembrance of those workers who lost their lives or became injured or disabled due to their work.
• Also known as International Commemoration day for dead and injured.
• Adopted by the International Labour Organization & International trade union confederation in 1996.
• Theme – health and safety is a fundamental workers right
2. WHO unveiled Global Immunization strategy to save 50 Million Lives by 2030.
• Children who missed their vaccination against Measles, Yellow fever, and diphtheria.
• WHO along with UNICEF (United Nations Children’s Fund).
• Aim – to achieve 90% coverage for essential vaccines given in childhood and adolescence by 2030
• Specialized agency of UN responsible for international public health.
• It is Headquartered in Geneva.
• Established on 7th April 1948.
• According WHO, more than One-Third of the countries are still facing the problem of routine Immunization service.
3. India 3rd Highest military spender in 2020
• Report by SIPRI – Stockholm International Peace Research Institute.
• Title of the report – “Trends in World Military Expenditure . 2020
• United States was the world’s highest Military spender in 2020.
• SIPRI HQ – Stockholm.
4. World Immunization Week 2021; 24-30 April
• Main aim is to support the use of vaccines to protect people from disease.
• Theme – “Vaccines bring us closer”.
• EPI programme – Expanded Programme on Immunization was started in 1978.
• In 1985 renamed as “Universal Immunization Programme”
5. Paytm Launched India’s first Video-based wealth community.
• For the users to interact with subject – matter experts in live sessions on different wealth topics.
• Such as Initial Public offering, Mutual funds, fixed income and personal finance.
• Community provides 30–60-minute session conducted by creators along with live video content on an interactive chat platform.
• Paytm HQ – Noida Uttar Pradesh
6. A community service centre will be set up for collection of data from Aditya-L1 Mission.
• Name – Aditya – L1 support cell (AL1SC).
• Jointly developed by ISRO and Aryabhata Research institute of observational sciences.
• ARIES Campus – Uttarakhand.
• It will provide co-aligned data from other observatories around the world.
7. Saudi Activist Loujain al – Hathloul awarded Vaclav havel Human Rights Prize by PACE.
• PACE – Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe.
• For outstanding civil society action in defence of human rights.
• Fight for women’s rights in the kingdom, including her efforts to end a ban on women driving.
8. India has been placed on 49th position in Chandler Good Government Index.
• Top position – Finland
• Index is used by the government in monitoring and benchmarking their capabilities.
• It helps in identifying the strengths and weaknesses of the government.
• 2nd position – Switzerland.
9. World’s Most powerful climate change forecasting supercomputer to be built in UK
• Built by Microsoft and MET office in the UK.
• Provide information about severe weather conditions including extreme storms, floods, and snow.
• Japan uses supercomputer “FUGAKU” for the prediction of tsunami flooding.
10. Indian media services company Prime Focus Ltd has won the academy award for best visual effects for Christopher Nolan’s spy thriller Tenet.
11. Manoj Das, an Indian author who wrote in Odia, and English passed away. He was awarded Padma Shri in 2001 and Padma Bhushan in 2020 for his contributions in the field of literature.
12. Amit Banerjee was selected to be posted as CMD of Bharat Earth Movers Limited.
13. The Japanese Sports Brand ASICS has appointed Indian Cricketer Ravindra Jadeja as its Brand Ambassador.
14. India’s organic food products export increased by 50 percent in 2020-21
• During FY 2020-21, the export of Organic products has grown by 39% in terms quantity.
• Organic product have been exported to more than 58 countries.
• Oil Cake Meal has been the major commodity of export.
• Only those products exported from India which are produced, processed labelled as per the requirements of the NPOP (National Programme for Organic Production)