1. Sanjeev Kumar appointed as chairman of AAI (Airport Authority of India).
• AAI was established on 1st April 1995, Headquarterd in New Delhi.
• Responsible for the construction, maintenance and management of civil aviation infrastructure.
2. Anil Dharker a noted journalist and author died in Mumbai.
• He was the founder and director of the Mumbai International Literary Festival.
• Also founder of Literature live.
• Important books – The Romance of Salt, Invisible Goodness, The Story of TATA Power.
3. Finance Minister launched Central Scrutiny Center and IEPFA’s Mobile App.
• IEPFA – Investor Education and Protection Fund Authority.
• Launched by Nirmala Sitharaman
• Central Scrutiny Center will identify the data quality issues and irregularities and inform to the regulators.
• The IEPFA app has been launched to promote awareness among investors, increasing financial literacy and protection of investors.
4. A huge container blocks the Suez Canal.
• Taiwanese company Evergreen Marine Operators Ever Given
• Some vessels are stuck near Port said on the Mediterranean Sea.
• Suez Canal was opened in 1869.
• It connects the Mediterranean Sea to the Red Sea through the Isthmus of Suez.
5. Uttar Pradesh government organized Banana Festival in Kushinagar.
• To promote One District one Product Scheme from 22nd to 25th March.
• To support farmers and entrepreneurs engaged in banana cultivation.
6. Andhra Pradesh CM inaugurated Kurnool Airport, which is located in Orvakal Village.
• Inaugurated by Jagan Mohan Reddy.
• It will be the 6th Airport in Andhra Pradesh.
• The airport is named after Uyyalavada Narasimha Reddy the first – ever Freedom fighter of the country.
7. Indus Water Treaty – India and Pakistan hold 116th Meeting of Permanent Indus Commission, at New Delhi.
• The meeting coincided with the Pakistan Day (Pakistan Republic Day) – March 23
• By Pradeep Kumar Saxena & Syed Muhammed Meher Ali Shah.
• Pakistan raised 2 objectives – Pakal Dul Hydro Electric Project and Lower Kalnai Project.
• Pakal Dul HEP- proposed on the Marusudhar River (Tributary of Chenab River) in Kishtwar District in J&K.
• Lower Kalnai Project is proposed in Over Chenab River.
• Pakistan has been raising objections to the constructions of Hydroelectric Plants such as Kishanganga on Kishanganga River on Chenab River.
• IWT – A Water Distribution Treaty brokered by the World Bank between India and Pakistan.
• It was signed in Karachi in 1960 by Nehru and Ayub Khan.
8. Sub – Inspector Priyanka became the first women personnel of Delhi Police to be the part of an encounter.
9. World Theater Day is celebrated annually on 27th March.
10. The Indian Navy will be the part of a French Naval Exercise (La Perouse) in the Bay of Bengal (held from 5th to 7th April 2021)
11. An Indo – Korean friendship park was jointly inaugurated on 26th March 2021 at Delhi Cantonment.
12. Asha Bhonsle will be Honored with “Maharshtra Bhushan”.
• A committee chaired by CM Uddav Thackeray has decided
• Highest Honor of Maharashtra Government was first given in 1996.
13. The World’s First Ship Tunnel will be constructed in Norway.
• Constructed under the Mountains in Norway’s Stadhavet Peninsula.
• PM – Erna Solberg
• Construction of Tunnel has to start in 2022 and will be completed by 2025 or 2026.
• Currency – Norwegian Krone
14. New Zealand parliament passes miscarriage bereavement leave law.
• It is the second country in the world to pass.
• This leave policy will also be applicable for parents planning to have a child through adoption or surrogacy.
• Around 20,000 women in New Zealand have a miscarriage every year.
15. Health Ministry launched Tribal TB iniative.
• To achieve the goal of “TB Mukt Bharat”
• Tuberculosis spread through the air and usually attacks the lungs.
• 2018 – Nikshaya Poshan Yojana
• 2019 – TB Harega Desh Jeetega