1. International Dance Day – April 29th
• The Dance Committee of the International Theatre Institute (ITI).
• the birth anniversary of Jean-Georges Noverre, the creator of modern ballet.
2. 19th India – French Bilateral Exercise “VARUNA-2021
• Conducted in Arabian Sea.
• Indian side led by Rear Admiral Ajay Kochhar
• French side was led by Rear admiral Marc Aussedat.
• From the Indian Navy INS Kolkata & other Indian navy Assets took part in the exercise.
• From the French Navy – Aircraft Carrier Charles – de –Gaulle
3. India and Russia to establish a “2+2 ministerial dialogue”
• Between foreign and defence ministers
• It will help in enhancing the bilateral strategic partnership between both countries.
• Recently India and Russia held a bilateral meeting on UNSC issues in Moscow at the DG level.
• Russia is also providing the “Sputnik-V” coronavirus vaccine to India
• So far India has established “2+2 Ministerial dialogue” with US, Japan and Australia.
4. Foundation stone laid for integrated Solar Dryer and Pyrolysis pilot plant.
• In CSIR –CLRI, Chennai
• Central Leather Research Institute (CLRI), Chennai
• The Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR)
• The project was allocated to CSIR-CLRI under the Indo German project titled “Pyrasol”
• The plant will help in transforming urban organic waste into bio char and energy in smart cities.
Council of Scientific and Industrial Research
• CSIR was established by the Government of India in September 1942 as an autonomous body that has emerged as the largest research and development organisation in India.
• it is mainly funded by the Ministry of Science and Technology, it operates as an autonomous body through the Societies Registration Act, 1860
Central Leather Research Institute
• Central Leather Research Institute or CLRI is the world’s largest leather research institute in terms of research papers and patents.
• The institute located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu was founded on 24 April 1948 as a constituent laboratory under the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research.
• Dr. K.J. Sreeram -Present Director
5. ICICI bank launches “Merchant Stack”
• It is a set of the country’s most comprehensive digital banking services specially curated for retail merchants.
• Retail merchants can avail of these contactless services on instaBIZ, the bank’s mobile banking application for Business.
• Important mobile banking applications
ICICI – i-Mobile Application
State Bank of India – YONO App
HDFC – PayZapp
Bank of Baroda- M-Connect Plus App
6. “Oxygen on Wheels” initiative
• Karnal District administration in Haryana
• It will ensure an incessant supply of medical oxygen to both government and private hospitals.
• Under this initiative, a carrier vehicle called “mobile oxygen bank” loaded with 100 oxygen cylinders will reach out to any district hospitals.
7. Krithi Karanth becomes first Indian, Asian women to get “wild innovator Award”
• Announced by The WILD ELEMENTS Foundation.
• She is the Chief conservation scientist at Bengaluru based Centre for wild life studies.
• Identifying the interconnectedness of Animal Kind, Human kind, Plant kind (power of three) is the specific approach of the foundation in addressing climate change.
• Centre for Wild Life Studies established in 1984, and HQ – Bangalore
8. USCIRF report Recommends US Government to designate India as country of Particular concern.
• Put India on a list CPC for the worst violations of religious freedoms in 2020”
• USCIRF – United states commission on International Religious freedom
• HQ – Washington D.C, Executive Director – Erin D Singshinsuk
9. IIT Guwahati collaborated with railways for operation and expansion of rail network in Northeast.
• Collaborated with – NFR (North East Frontier Railway)
• Will help Indian railways in the expansion of rail network in the North-Eastern states.
• Also help in making stations plastic – free by providing alternate biodegradable Polymer-based technologies.
• Total Railway zones of Indian railway – 17