30th March 2021
1. MICE road show – Meet In India
• MICE stand for – Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Exhibitions.
• Ministry of tourism, in association with the Madhya Pradesh government and India convention promotion bureau.
• To promote India as MICE destination.
• Also inaugurated Chhatrasal Convention Center under the Swadesh Darshan scheme in Khajurao.
2. Saurabh Garg appointed as CEO of UIDAI.
• Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), A statutory authority established in January 2009 by the Government of India.
• Under the Jurisdiction of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
• Adhaar is the world’s largest biometric Id system. The most sophisticated Id in the World.
3. Mythlobacterium Ajmali, new bacteria found on ISS.
• ISS – International Space Station.
• Revealed the presence of genes that are involved in promoting plant growth.
• Study were published in the Journal – Frontiers in Microbiology.
• To honor the renowned Indian Biodiversity Scientist – Dr. Ajmal Khan
• Research Team was led by – Dr.Kasthuri Venkateswaran
• The bacterial strains belong to the family – Mythlobacteriaceae.
4. Mahinder Giri – became the only Asian to win International Ranger Award.
• For his efforts towards reducing the Human – Wildlife conflict in and around the RTR.
• RTR – Rajaji Tiger Reserve (Uttarakhand)
• The award was announced by the International Union for conservation of Nature and World Commission on protected areas.
5. UP to have maximum number of international airports in the country.
• Kushinagar Airport, got the Directorate General of Civil Aviations’s approval recently, becoming the third licensed International airport in UP after Lucknow and Varanasi.
• Next 2 – Jewar International Airport, Ayodhya International Airport.
6. The Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi (IIT Delhi) on Thursday announced that is setting up an Atmospheric Observatory.
• To do research, track atmospheric problems like air pollution and suggest solutions to migrate pollution, erratic monsoon and extreme weather events associated with climate change.
• In Sonepat at a cost of Rs.125 crore.
• The first of its kind observatory in the heart of the Indo – Gigantic belt will enable researchers to make new discoveries.
7. World Development Report 2021 – data for better lives
• World bank group has released it’s flagship.
• It is about changing the potential of the data landscape to improve the lives of poor people.
• The report is published annually since 1978.
• It consists of 5 organizations – IBRD, IDA, IFC, MIGA, ICSID.
8. Cochin Shipyard Ltd. Delivers ‘M.V. Sindhu’, Passengers cum cargo Vessel for Andaman & Nicobar .
9. Shaheed Ashfaq Ulla Khan zoological park – Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh (First Zoo in Purvanchal).
10. 1232 km: The Long Journey Home, new book by “Vinod Kapri”.
11. Arunachal Pradesh CM Prema Khandu launched “Dekho Apna Pradesh”
12. NASA launches pictures of frosty sand dunes.
• The picture has been captured by Mars Reconnaissance Orbitor.
13. The central government announced the presidential assent to the Government of National Capital Territory of Delhi (Amendment) Bill, 2021 through a gazette notification.
• According to the legislation, the “government” in Delhi means the “Lieutenant Governor” and the city government will now have to seek the opinion of the L-G before taking any executive plan.
• Parliament passed the Bill last week – Lok Sabha on March 22nd and Rajya Sabha on March 24th.