1. Carmen Maria Machado wins the Rathbones Folio Prize 2021.
• ‘In the Dream House: A Memoir’ by Carmen Maria Machado won the Rathbones Folio Prize 2021.
• This year’s winning book is a Memoir that opens up about a domestic abuse in a female relationship.
• The prize is open for all Genres – Fiction, Non-Fiction, Poetry – For writers around the world.
• It aims to bring the most outstanding works of English language literature to public attention through the awarding of the prize.
2. President Ramnath Kovind gives assent to 3 major bills.
• National bank for financing infrastructure and development bill,2021.
• The government of national capital territory of Delhi bill,2021
• The mines and minerals (development and regulation) amendment bill,2021
• The first bills to establish the National Bank for financing Infrastructure and development as the principal development financial institution for infrastructure financing in India.
3. 7th Annual Summit of “Nathealth”
• Inaugurated by Union Minister Health and Family Welfare – Dr. Harsh Vardhan.
• Summit organized by Nathealth – Healthcare Federation of India, held between March 25-26.
• Theme – Indian Health System Expansion in Post – Covid Era.
4. WHO to release report on origins of COVID-19 on 30th March 2021.
• The WHO officially named this infectious disease corona virus disease 2019 (COVID-19) on 12th February 2020.
• On 11th March 2020, the WHO finally made the assessment that COVID -19 can be characterized as a pandemic.
• On January 14th this year, a ten member WHO expert team arrived Chinese city of Wuhan to investigate into the origins of COVID -19 pandemic.
5. Restrictions on PMC Bank was extended till 30th June 2021 by RBI.
• Extended the restrictions on withdrawals and deposits in the Punjab and Maharashtra Cooperative Bank.
• PMC is a multi-state cooperative bank which are regulated and supervised by the central registrar of Co-operative Societies and RBI.
• Due to the delay in finalizing a prospective investor for the bank.
6. Fifth session of 17th Loksabha Prorogued by President Ramnath Kovind.
• Article 85 – the President summons both the houses of the Parliament and Prorogues them.
• He can also dissolve the Loksabha.
• The President addresses the Parliament after the General Elections and also at the beginning of the first session every year.
7. Hero of 1971 Battle of Basantar, Lt. Gen Pinto passed away.
• Lt Gen Pinto had led the 54 Infantry Division in the battle of Basantar during the 1971 war.
• Also known as the “Victor of Basantar”
• It started on 3rd December 1971 and ended on 16th December 1971.
8. Deutsche Bank has named the Fabrizio Campelli to lead the investment bank – part of raft of board changes.
• Christian Sewing, the German steps back from managing the unit.
• New book titled “Wild and Wilful: A tale of 15 iconic Indian species authored by Neha Sinha.
• It is an evocative collection of insights from various disciplines that describes Human – Animal coexistance.
9. Global sports brand PUMA has signed a 3- year partnership with the IPL team Franchise Royal Challengers Bangalore.
10. In the Kashmir Valley, the district Agro-met Unit (DAMU), Krishi Vighyan Kendra, Kupwara organized an Awareness Programme for the Farmers under Gramin Krishi Mausam Seva (GKMS) on the role of Weather And Climate in Farm Production, in the North Kashmir’s Kupwara District .
11. External Affairs Minister Dr. S Jaisankar attended the 9th Ministerial Conference of Heart of Asia – Istanbul process on Afghanistan on 30th March 2021 In Tajikistan. (Part of the Istanbul Process – A Regional initiative on Security and Cooperation or a stable and Peaceful Afghanistan – that was Launched on November 2, 2011 In Turkey.)
12. Maggie O “Ferrell” ‘S Hamnet won the NBCC Award for Fiction
• National Book Critics Circle ‘S Award 2020
• Every year at March National Book Critics Circle Award is given to honour Literature Published in the US in 6 categories.
• This Novel explores the Impact of Shakespeare’s Son, Hamnet’s Illness and Death on his Family.
• The Novel has also won the United Kingdom’s Women’s Prize for Fiction.
13. Rajasthan Diwas – 30 March
• The day is also known as Rajasthan Day Or Rajasthan Foundation Day
• It was formed on 30th March 1949
• Jaipur is the capital of Rajasthan
• Rajasthan is made up of two words Raj and Sthaan which Means The Place Of Kings.
14. Union bank of India along with HPCL launched UNI – CARBON CARD”
• This card is a contactless Tap & Go card and National Common Mobility Card ( NCMC)
• While using this card at HPCL retail outlets, the cardholder will get Cash back/Rewards along with the waiver of fuel sub charge provided by the bank.
• NCMC is conceived by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs and launched with the tagline of “One Nation One card”.