1. World Autism Awareness Day – 2nd April 2021.
• Observed to generate among the public about people living with autism.
• This year, the theme is ‘Inclusion in the Workplace: Challenges and Opportunities in a Post-Pandemic World’
• In 2007 UN general assembly decided April 2 as world autism awareness day
2. “AIM – PRIME” launched to support science – based deep – tech start-ups & ventures
• Under Atal Innovation Mission ( AIM) , NITI Aayog
• Bill & Melinda Gates foundation (BMGF) will act as supporting agency.
• Technology developers &incubation managers will be provided Training & Guidance on Deep Technology Entrepreneurship over a period of 12 months.
3. Russia registers world’s first Covid-19 vaccine for animals
• NAME – Carnivac- Cov
• Russia already has three coronavirus vaccines for humans, the best known of which is Sputnik V. Moscow has also given emergency approval to two others, EpiVac Corona and CoviVac.
4. The Odisha state government has proposed a second biosphere reserve in the southern part of the state at Mahendragiri. It is a mountain in the Gajapati district of the state.
5. Dal Lake among several others in J&K to be declared protected wetlands.
• The decision was taken in the maiden meeting of the Jammu and Kashmir Wetland Authority, chaired by Chief Secretary B.V.R. Subrahmanyam.
• The other lakes which are to be declared protected wetlands include Purmandal lake, also called Chotta Kashi, located in Samba district.
• Directions were passed to declare Wular, Dal, Nigeen lakes in the Kashmir region and Sanasar, Manasbal and Purmandal lakes in the Jammu region as protected wetlands.
6. Global Gender Gap Report 2021
• India has been Ranked 140th out of 156 countries in the 15th edition of the World Economic Forum.
• Iceland is the most gender – equal country in the world.
• Rank 2 – Finland
• Rank 3 – Norway
7. World Immunisation and logistics Summit 2021.
• Held in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
• Dr Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Health and family welfare of India Participated.
• Theme – “focus on Asia: vaccine production and distribution across Asia”.
• The Hope Consortium launched by Department of Health, Abu Dhabi for full global vaccine distribution.
8. Rajnikanth will be awarded Dada Saheb Phalke Award for the year 2019.
• Will be honoured with the 51st Dada Saheb Phalke Award.
• 12th south Indian to get this award.
• The award is given at National film Festival to a person for his outstanding contribution to the development of Indian Cinemas.
• It was first given in 1969 to the actress Devika Rani
9. A joint military exercise “Vajra prahar 2021” has been conducted between the special force of India and the US at Bakloh in Himachal Pradesh. The exercise was the 11th edition of “Vajra prahar”.
10. Solar physicists of ARIES ( Aryabhatta research institute of observational sciences ) , Nainital , Uttarakhand have developed a new algorithm called CIISCO (CMEs Identification in inner solar corona) for detecting & tracking the accelerating solar eruption in the inner corona of the sun.
11. John krafcik is stepping down as the CEO ofWaymo after more than five years on the job.
12. Reserve bank of India (RBI) is celebrating its 86th foundation day.
13. Notification issued to declare Schistura Hiranyakeshi in Amboli , a biodiversity Heritage site.
• Under biological diversity act 2002
• Is located in the Sindhudurg district of Maharashtra.
• Schistura is rare species of fresh water loach.
• First time found in the western ghats.
• This site is the source of Hiranyakeshi River.
14. Filmfare Awards 2021.
• 66th Filfare Awards.
• Best Actor – Irrfan Khan For His Ovie Angrezi Medium” . Also Awarded A Lifetime Achievement Award.
• Best Actress – Taapsee Pannu For Her Movie Thappad.
• Best Film – Thappad
15. Odisha Day, also known as Utkal Divas, is celebrated every year on April 1.
• As a separate state in 1936 by partitioning Bihar and Orissa province.
• The 113th Amendment bill had changed the name Orissa to Odisha.
• It is also celebrated in the remembrance of people who made their contribution in the formation of Odisha.
16. International Transgender Day of Visibility :31 March
• Founded by the US –Based Transgender activist Rachel Crandell
• First celebrated on 31st March 2009.
• To raise awareness about the discrimination faced by transgender worldwide.
• In 2014 Transgender people were granted the legal status of “Third Gender” in India.
17. Ramesh Pokhriyal launches ‘MyNEP2020’ Platform of NCTE Portal
• National Council for Teacher Education – NCTE
• It will be operational from April 1st to May 15th , 2021.
• The platform seeks to invite suggestions/inputs/membership from the stakeholders for preparing a draft for the development of National Professional Standards for Teachers (NPST) and National Mission for Mentoring Program membership (NMM).