1. Indian Cricketer Virat Kohli Became Brand Ambassador Of Digit Insurance
• To spread awareness about the Digit Insurance Mission towards making Insurance simple
• Chairman of Digit Insurance
• HQ – Bengaluru
2. Mukhmeet S Bhatia is appointed as director general of employees State Insurance Corporation (ESIC)
• ESIC – founded in 1952
• Statutory body under Ministry of labour and employment.
• Set up under the ESI act 1948 for the implementation of the ESI scheme.
3. 5 April – National Maritime Day
• To create awareness regarding support to intercontinental commerce and the worldwide economy.
• The first time the National Maritime Day was celebrated was on April 5, 1964.
• The history of India’s shipping actually started on April 5, 1919, it was for the first time that the SS Loyalty, which was the first ship of The Scindia Steam Navigation Company Ltd.
• In 1959, India became an associate of International Maritime Organisation which is for maritime protection and to prevent pollution from ships.
4. Rajasthan becomes 1st state to commission farm based solar power project under PM – KUSUM scheme.
• Commissioned by Rajasthan Renewable energy corporation Ltd (RRECL)
• Launched at Bhaloji village, Kotputli in Jaipur ,Rajasthan
• PM – KUSUM was launched by the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy in 2019.
• To add solar and other renewable capacities of 25, 750 MW
5. Bharat Dynamics Ltd starts delivery of “Akash Missile” to Indian Army.
• Surface – to – air Missile system.
• The missile system has been designed and developed by DRDO with 96% indigenous content.
• The delivery was flagged off by Lt Gen A.P Singh.
• It can engage aerial threats up to the maximum range of 25 Km & up to an altitude of 20 Km
6. World in 2030 : public survey report
• UNESCO released
• The report shows that education is to solution to every single challenge.
• As per the report, climate change and loss of biodiversity were by far the most selected challenges.
• The united nations educational, scientific and cultural organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations Based in Paris, France
7. International Day for Mine Awareness: 4th April
• To raise awareness about the threat posed by landmines and to develop mine – action programs by the government.
• It was first observed on 4 April 2006.
• 164 countries had signed the Anti – personnel mine ban convention in 1997.
• The united nations Mine action service (UNMAS)
8. National Policy On Rare Diseases 2021 Approved By Health Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan.
• Aims to lower high treatment costs for rare diseases and focus more on indigenous research with the help of a national consortium .
• The policy also provides for the creation of a national hospital based registry of rare diseases.
• The focus of the policy is also early screening and prevention through primary and secondary health care infrastructure.
9. Uzbekistan to host AIBA’s 2023 Men’s Boxing world championship. For the 1st time Uzbekistan is going to host the Boxing World Championship in its 22nd edition in 2023.
10. M Venkaiah Naidu, Vice President of India released the book “SUPARIPALANA” authored by Dr Shailendra Kumar Joshi.
11. Rajasthan becomes 1st state to provide Health Insurance for all its residents.
12. Hubert Kurkacz clinches Miami open title.
13. Founder member of the Samajwadi party and former UP minister Bhagwati Singh died on 4 April 2021.
14. Centre Launches ‘Sankalp Se Siddhi’ Scheme To Transform Tribal Ecosystem
The government has launched a 100-day drive to activate the Van Dhan Vikas Kendras
• Sankalp se Siddhi, a village and digital connect drive which aims to aid a complete transformation of the tribal ecosystem has been launched by Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED) under the Tribal Affairs Ministry.
15. New Mission Director for AIM
• Dr. Chintan Vaishnav has been appointed as the new mission director for Atal innovation Mission.
• Flagship initiative of NITI Aayog to promote innovation and entrepreneurship.
• Atal tinkering labs, Atal incubation centres, Atal new India challenges, ARISE are some of the major initiatives under this mission.
16. For the first time, scientists find X-ray emission from Uranus
• Uranus captured by NASA’s Chandra X-ray Observatory
• managed by NASA’S Marshall Space Flight Centre.
• Uranus, which is the seventh planet from the sun, is reflecting X-rays, according to a new study by scientists published in the Journal of Geophysical Research.
• according to NASA, could be the Sun which has a similar effect on planets like Jupiter and Saturn that scatter the X-ray light which is given by the Sun.