International No Diet Day
- International No Diet Day is an annual celebration of body acceptance, including fat acceptance and body shape diversity
- This day is also dedicated to promoting a healthy life style with a focus on health at any size and in raising awareness of the potential dangers of dieting and the unlikelihood of success
UNEMPLOYMENT RATE IN INDIA REACHES 27.11% AMID COVID-19 PANDEMIC: CMIE
- Centre for Monitoring India Economy (CMIE) stated that the unemployment rate was seen highest in the urban areas, constituting most of the red zones due to the highest number of COVID-19 cases.
- Since the government has suspended all the economic activities to combat the spread of COVID-19, the unemployment rate in India has spiked tremendously.
- The Mumbai based think tank stated that the unemployment rate was seen highest in the urban areas, constituting most of the red zones due to the highest number of COVID-19 cases.
- Puducherry in South India recorded the highest number of the unemployment rate at 75.8
- Tamil Nadu with 8 per cent.
CENTRE PLANS TO IMPLEMENT NEW AGRO MSME POLICY
- Agro MSME (Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprise) policy will mainly focus on entrepreneurship development in the tribal, rural, forest, and agricultural areas
- The policy will encourage to manufacture products using the local raw materials.
- The Union minister also suggested the beauty and wellness industry to encourage the consumers to use Indian Ayurvedic Products rather than imported ones.
- Ministry of MSME has also signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Ayush Ministry.
PM MODI AT NAM SUMMIT
- Despite our own needs, India has ensured medical supplies to over 123 partner countries, including 59 members of NAM
- Some people are busy spreading deadly viruses like terrorism amid COVID-19
- The Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) is a forum of 120 developing world states that are not formally aligned with or against any major power bloc.
- After the United Nations, it is the largest grouping of states worldwide
- Founded: in 1961, Belgrade
ISRAEL SUCCESSFULLY ISOLATES CORONAVIRUS ANTIBODY
- The antibody isolated by the Israel Institute for Biological Research is monoclonal, which means that it was derived from a single recovered cell.
- It can reportedly neutralise the COVID-19 virus inside the carriers’ bodies.
- The development is being called as an antidote, a “significant breakthrough” towards the possible treatment for the deadly coronavirus.
AMID COVID-19, ASSAM BATTLES AFRICAN SWINE FEVER
- The AFS was first detected in 1921 in Kenya.
- No vaccines or medicines have been discovered so far.
- According to some experts, human beings do not get infected by the AFS, but they could be the carriers of the virus.
- According to the animal resource experts, the pigs generally are affected by the Classical Fever, Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome (PRRS) besides the ASF.
KERALA – CURRENT AFFAIRS
- A comprehensive solution for real time surveillance, care and support for people affected/quarantined by Covid 19.
- This portal is a one stop platform for the public to avail emergency services and information related to Covid 19 and ensures transparency and quality in public services and welfare measures.