1. Union Agriculture Minister Launches “Madhukranti” portal and “Honey Corners”
• Initiative of National Bee Board
• National bee keeping mission – The mission was announced as part of the Atma Nirbhar Bharat Scheme. NBHM aims for the overall promotion & development of scientific beekeeping in the country to achieve the goal of ‘Sweet Revolution’ which is being implemented through National Bee Board (NBB).
• Madhukranti portal – The portal will help in achieving traceability of honey and other beehive products on a digital platform.
2. 3- Member Committee for Agricultural Reforms Law.
• Appointed by Supreme Court .
• Members – Pramod Kumar Joshi, Anil Ghanwat, Ashok Gultai.
• Various farmer organizations have been protesting against 3 Farm Laws stating that they are Pro – Corporate and could weaken Mandi System
• On January 12, 2021 SC had suspended the implementation.
3. SC appointed 4 Member committee
The 4th member, Bhupindar Singh Mann (Farm Union Leader) had recused himself from the panel.
3 – farm laws
• The farmer’s produce trade and commerce (promotion and facilitation) act
• The essential commodities (amendment act)
• The farmers (empowerment and protection) agreement on price assurance and farm services act
4. Environment Minister Prakash Javadkar participated in Climate & Development ministerial meet in run up to COP26
• Hosted by UK
• The event was hosted by COP26 President Alok Sharma and UK Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab.
• Cop26 – The Cop 26 Un climate change conference is set to take place in Scottish Event Campus, Glasgow, UK on partnership with Italy.
5. Forbe’s 35th annual World’s Billionaires List
• Jeff Bezoz (founder of Amazon.com ) topped the list with a net worth of 177 billion USD
• Elon Musk (CEO of SpaceX and Tesla – second position
• French billionaire Bernard Arnault chairman of LVMH Moet Hennessy – 3rd position
• Ranked 10 Mukesh Ambani, chairman of Reliance Industries Ltd became Asia’s richest person.
6. Supreme Court Portal for Assistance in Court’s Efficiency (SUPACE)
• An Artificial Intelligence driven tool which is 1st of its kind in the world.
• Collects relevant facts and laws related to the case, thereby easing the research process for judges.
• Launched by SA Bobde launched on 6th April 2021.
7. G.D Birla Award – To Sumon Chakraborty
• For outstanding contribution to Engineering Science and its applications in developing Technologies for affordable healthcare.
• Selection Board Chairman – Chandrima Shaha.
• Instituted by the K.K Birla Foundation in 1991 to honour the Indian Philanthropist Ghanshyam Das Birla.
• 5 Lakh cash is awarded to the winner of the GD Birla Award
8. Russia testing new “Super Torpedo” that can cause “Radioactive Tsunamis”
• Name – Poseidon 2M39 Torpedo.
• The radioactive waves created by the torpedo would make swathes of the target coastline for decades.
• Russia is also testing a Hyper – Sonic Missile called Tsirkon.
9. Nirmala Seetharaman addressing the first meeting of BRICS finance ministers and central bank governors meeting virtually from New Delhi. The meeting was co-chaired by Sitharaman and RBI governor Shaktikanta Das.
10. Sri Lankan president Gotabaya Rajapaksa has banned the import of palm oil with immediate effect and ordered local plantation companies to uproot 10 per cent of their trees and replace them with rubber trees or other environment – friendly crops, a move that could benefit the domestic coconut oil industry.
11. PLI scheme for “National Programme on High-Efficiency Solar PV Module’s approved.
• Union Cabinet has approved the Production Linked Incentive (PLI) Scheme for national Programme on High – Efficiency Solar PV (photo Voltaic) modules.
• Will reduce the dependency on imported solar PV cells and modules for solar capacity addition.
• Union cabinet has also approved PLI scheme for white Goods such as A/c and LED Lights
12. IIIT Hyderabad researchers unveil working prototype of novel shape shifting drone that adapts to cargo size
• With this method of attachment to cargo, the mass is always centred and results in optimal battery performance.
• Suraj Bonagiri, a researcher from the Robotics Research Centre.
• Named as – ‘Elasticopter’
13. S Ramann appointed as the CMD of SIDBI
• SIDBI – Small Industries Development Bank of India.
• Former CEO of National e-Governance services Ltd
• SIDBI was established under an act of parliament in 1990.
• HQ – Lucknow, UP
• Operated under the department of financial services, Ministry of Finance.