Syllabus for Degree Level Prelims Exams
- Indian Constitution
- Arts, Sports and Literature
- Computer Science
- Science and Technology
- Simple Arithmetic and Mental Ability
- General English
- Regional Language (Malayalam, Tamil, Kannada)
How to prepare for Degree Level Prelims Exams?
A candidate should prepare for the Degree Level prelims Exams in a following manner:
- Weekly Mock Tests
- Go through the syllabus thoroughly
- Note down important points
- Note down the questions in which you have doubts.
- Go through the previous year’s sample question papers. Give importance to English and Maths.
- Collect current affairs from the newspapers
- Give importance to connected facts of previous questions
- Mark important area in Rank File
Who can apply for Degree Level Prelims Exam?
For Degree Level Prelims the essential requirement is Graduation.
Available posts for Degree Level prelims and required age limit for each post are as follows:
- University Assistant
- Secretariat Assistant
- Armed Police Sub-Inspector Trainee
- Sub Inspector of Police Trainee
- Special Branch Assistant
- Assistant Kerala Administrative Tribunal
- Sales Assistant Handicrafts Development Corporation
Pay Scale of Degree Level Prelims Exams
Following is the pay scale for the degree level prelims:
- Deductions: Pension – Rs.3197; GPF – Rs.1700; Insurance – Rs.60; Professional Tax – Rs.208
- Pay Scale – Rs.19000 – Rs.43600
- Current Basic Pay – Rs.27800
- In-hand Salary – Rs.28500
Age Limit of Degree Level Prelims Exams
The candidate must have the Age-Limit from 21-35 years. The relaxation of SC and ST is for 5 years and OBC 3 years.
Categories included in Degree Level Prelims Exams
The posts available according to Degree Level Prelims are Block Panchayath Secretary, Junior Employment Officer, Secretariat Assistant, Company Corporation Board Assistant, and University Assistant.
Exam Date for Degree Level Prelims Exams
Tentative date for the Degree Level Prelim Exam is May 22,2021.
Cut-Off Marks of the previous years for the following posts:
1. COMPANY BOARD ASSISTANT
Cut-off Marks for the previous years for the post of Company Board Assistant is as under:
• 1st list – 399/2017 – KSFE, KSFB etc – 76.33
• 2nd list – 400/2017 – KSRTC, KLDB etc – 76.33
Previous Exam Date for both the posts : 05-08-2018
- OC- 1349th Rank
- Ezhava – within OC
- SC – Supplementary List 49
- ST – SL37
Cut-off Marks for the post of Secretariat Assistant – 75.33
- OC – 180th Rank
- Ezhava – 187th Rank
- SC – SL8
- ST – SL04
3. UNIVERSITY ASSISTANT
Cut-off Marks for the post of University Assistant – 71
- OC – 199th Rank
- Ezhava – within OC
- SC- 13th Rank
- ST – 06th Rank
- Total -262
For further information, visit our website: